Our contact details
Name: Commonhold Now (Companies House Registration Number: 14750020)
Address: Suite 1 Cochrane House, Admirals Way, London, England, E14 9UD
For data protection compliance purposes, Commonhold Now is the Controller.
1. What type of information we have
We collect and process the following information about our supporters and subscribers:
· Personal identifiers, contacts details (for example, full name, email addresses, telephone and mobile number, postal address, IP address)
· Personal accounts of experiences with leasehold, shared ownership and fleecehold
· Information related to costs, expenditure and income arising from leasehold, shared ownership and fleecehold contracts
· Photos and videos
· Personal leasehold, shared ownership and fleecehold stories
2. How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
· In order to sign up to and support the aims and objectives of Commonhold Now
· To create stories and news articles for public distribution, raise awareness and submit evidence to various government bodies, committees and Parliament
· To enable us to provide you with service communications about the performance of the Website and related matters
· To send communications about our campaigns, calls to action, fundraising efforts, newsletters etc when you agreed to such communications
· Zoom meetings with supporters to canvass their views and have debates that support our aims and objectives of Commonhold Now.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
· Individuals supporting Commonhold Now may provide your details to us in order to approach you for your story or expertise. We will always inform you within one month of receiving this data and provide you with information about where we got it from and offer you the option to have your personal data removed from our systems if you do not wish to proceed with supporting us
· Public social media accounts, including content posted on Twitter to further Commonhold Now aims and objectives only
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Data Protection Legislation), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by following the link in our Newsletter, emailing info@commonhold or writing to us at Suite 1 Cochrane House, Admirals Way, London, England, E14 9UD
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) The processing of personal data is in the vital interest of the data subject.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
3. What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to promote the phasing out of leasehold and fleecehold, for existing as well as new properties, through a mass shift to commonhold in England and Wales.
To achieve this aim, and when we have your consent to do so, we will create news articles and videos, sharing the stories of leaseholders with the wider public, Government, Parliament and/or any other relevant bodies and organisations and other interested parties, such as other leaseholders. We may also use your data to create anonymised, aggregated statistics.
We may share this information with our staff, contractors, consultants and volunteers who help us in creating and managing our campaigns and achieving our aims, creating our newsletters and maintaining the seamless operation of the Website.
We may also, from time-to-time and only with your consent, share your contact details with carefully selected and trusted third parties, such as Members of Parliament and Housing Committees. You are free to withdraw your consent to such data sharing at any time.
4. How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on GoDaddy servers located in Tempe, Arizona, United States. GoDaddy servers provide the highest levels of security. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the world-wide web is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of this data transmitted and any transmission is at your own risk.
· Contact details and the information you enter on our Website for communication purposes for 3 years.
· Leasehold, shared ownership and fleecehold related financial information, photos and videos along with personal stories are kept indefinitely, or until our aim is achieved. Please note that photo and video content, once made public, is no longer within our control. Any information shared in Parliament will be entered in Hansard and these records are maintained in perpetuity. We will anonymise personal data where possible.
We will then dispose your information in a secure fashion.
5. Your data protection rights
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have rights including:
Right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information, including information about how and why we process it.
Right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right is not absolute.
Right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. This right is not absolute.
Right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights, unless this would impose a disproportionate operational burden on our organisation or you are making repeat requests. If you make a request, we have 30 calendar days to respond to you in most cases.
Please contact us at email@example.com or Suite 1 Cochrane House, Admirals Way, London, England, E14 9UD if you wish to make a request.
6. Links to other websites
This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites. This Privacy Notice does not extend to your use of such websites. You are advised to read the Privacy Notice or statement of other websites prior to using the app.
7. How to complain
If you remain unhappy with how we process your personal data, you can formally complain by writing to us at:
Suite 1 Cochrane House, Admirals Way, London, England, E14 9UD